The Garmin Epic Trail Vall de Boí 24K is a 24 km distance race. Starts in Barruera and climbs towards the village of Erill la Vall, with the first kilometer of the course running along a narrow trail that forces runners to fall into place before leading to a fast trail to Erill. With its extremely slight grade this section of the race can be run very quickly.
These first kilometers share the course with the Ultra race, but the half marathon continues along the Camí de l’Aigua along a shady path to the intersection with the Montanyeta valley, where the trail begins a fairly straight 500-meter climb with uneven terrain through the forest. At the end of this climb runners will find themselves at the top of valley and will enter high-mountain terrain at 2,000 meters above sea level, running along the Comaminyana valley to the peak of the same name, at 2,525 meters the highest point of the race with spectacular views of the Barrabés, Boí and Sant Nicolau valleys, and famous mountains like Bessiberris, which it feels like you can touch, Punta Alta and Aneto; and, of course, the summit of Roies de Cardet, site of the popular “Vertical Kilometer” race.
The course continues from the top of Comaminyana along an open ridge that boasts the same outstanding views, descending to Port de la Gelada (once again along the same course as the Ultra).
The trail then continues downhill through high-mountain meadows and an open valley, passing by the Sant Salvador hermitage, and ends back in Barruera, where you pass through the village to reach the finish line.
Only two sections of the course are on asphalt: through the village of Erill and at the entrance to Barruera. The rest of the race is ALL run on trails and high-mountain areas, at times without any trails or paths.
This test is part of the CAMP BASE TRAIL RUN SERIES circuit.
The Garmin Epic Trail 24k race will give places to the final Xterra Championship at Sugarloaf Resort in Maine (USA) on September 30 and October 1. In addition, there will also be cash awards.
12 PM - 8 PM
Bib delivery (12K, 24K, 42K i 62K)
9 AM - 7 PM
Bib delivery (12K i 24K)
7:30 – 8:30 AM
Bib delivery 24K
Registration - SKY | 24KM | +1.900M
- Bib and chip of single use.
- Refreshments during the race.
- Medical Service.
- Finisher gift for the participants who finish the race.
- The date to be considered in the category Master will be the one that will take place on the 31st of December of any of the race.
- The minimum age will be 18 years on the day of the race.
- Tutorial authorization will be accepted for people who turn 18 before December 31st.
- Registration limited to 700 participants.
- Date until 31/12/2023 23:59 39€
- Date until 30/04/2024 23:59 45€
- Date until 26/06/2024 23:59 49€
By registering, each runner makes the following undertaking:
- I declare that I have read and understood the Epic Trail Vall de Boí 24K regulations.
- I understand and accept the conditions of participation as laid down in the regulations.
- I undertake to comply with all stipulations of said regulations.
- I declare that I am aware of all medical contraindications that may be caused by participation in the race and I discharge the organizers of liability for any problem that may arise during the race and is not considered negligence on my part.
The races included in the XTERRA Trail Run world Series have these awards:
1.- Cash prizes for the absolute male and female category:
2.- They award places for the XTERRA Trail Run World Series 2023 World Championships
- Date: 30.06.24
- Start: 8:50 AM
- Distance: 24KM
- Accumulated elevation: 3.800M
- Max. Altitude: 2.656M
- Min. Altitude: 1.095M
- Hour max: 15h