Rogaine is a modality of orientation, long distance, cross-country navigation where teams of 2 to 5 people move on foot with the objective of achieving the maximum score by finding control points marked on a map and within a time limit specified. The control points can be visited in any order and are valued from 3 to 9 points depending on their physical and/or technical difficulty.
The maps are given to the teams between 30 minutes and 15 minutes before the start depending on the duration of the test. At that time each team must define the race strategy taking into account their capabilities.
Start / end: Estación de montaña de Boí Taüll
- ROGAINE VALL DE BOÍ 6H (Catalan Cup)
- ROGAINE VALL DE BOÍ 3H (Popular)
Description of controls (published the week of the test)
The test will be held in the surroundings of the Boí Taüll mountain station, located in the Lleida Pyrenees, in the Alta Ribagorça region, in a unique setting, at the gates of the Aigüestortes and Estany de Sant Maurici in one of the most spectacular places in the Catalan Pyrenees thanks to the Romanesque heritage of the Vall de Boí.
The Boí Taüll ski and mountain resort has a maximum elevation of 2,751 m and a minimum elevation of 2,035 m.
TERRAIN AND MAP
High mountain terrain, mostly open and comfortable for running cross-country, with occasional elements of vegetation, rocks and cliffs. Also with some forest areas and many contour details. The slopes are generally moderate to strong. The competition will be run with a specific map of Rogaine, mapped with the specific symbology of orienteering races. Generalized field work of a Rogaine map.
It is a new map, with a scale of 1:15,000 and an equidistance of 10 m, made in the spring of 2023 with field work by the technical staff of La Nova Fita.
ROGAINE 6 HOURS / ROGAINE 3 HOURS
Required material per participant:
- Hooded waterproof jacket. Gore-Tex or similar.
- Thermal or survival blanket (min. 1.4 x 2m).
- Map delivered by the organization.
- SportIdent card (own or rental that can be requested when registering).
- Whistle (in case of emergency the runner must make a series of short whistles to warn the other participants).
- Hydration system (min. 1l).
- Food reserve: gels, bars, nuts…
- Second thermal layer.
- Leggings or long or capri pants combined with leggings.
- Cap, tubular or similar that covers the entire head.
Required material for team:
- First aid kit containing:
- 2 monodose of saline.
- 2 sterile compresses.
- 2 sterile dressings for wounds and scratches.
- Sticking plaster.
- elastic bandage
- Quick stitches.
- Mobile on with charged battery at the beginning.
- GPS loadable maps.
Timing will be done with the SportIdent (SI) system. Those who do not have an SI card can rent it at a price of 3 euros (and leave a deposit of €50 when collecting it on the day of the test).
Check here if your SI card model has enough memory for this test.
The SI card must be attached to the wrist throughout the race, with an unbreakable bracelet (provided by the organization when the runner’s bag is collected).
The seal will be removed exclusively by the members of the organization upon reaching the finish line.
WC’s, showers and changing rooms in the Barruera sports area.
There will be refreshments on arrival (rice or pasta dish) for all participants upon arrival.